Aims and objectives
The aim of the programme is to work on preparing individuals to optimise their performance in the remote working environment, developing key communication skills, relationship management techniques and practical tools and solutions for effectively operating in remote working arrangements.
The training will use reflection and self-development techniques to address the areas of communication, trust, culture wellbeing and individual differences in Remote Working and consider and reflect on key actions required to ensure successful remote working.
Who should attend
The training is aimed at new and existing remote workers and those new to remote work arrangements. The training is tailored to consider the needs of partly or fully remote employees operating in partially or fully remote organisations.
- Introduction to remote work: Types, Prevalence, Benefits and Challenges.
- Communication and Collaboration in Remote Work: Emphasis on role of communication, Focus on tips for communication remotely, stakeholder identification and management, Differences between Communication and Collaboration
- Personality and Remote Working: Type theory and impact on communication, wellbeing, feedback etc. for Remote Working, Self-Reflection and strategy identification to deal with potential challenges.
- Self-Leadership and Emotional Intelligence in Remote Working: Building Self-Awareness and practical strategies to use in Remote Working.
- Trust: Role of trust, Iterative nature of trust and how trust can be intentionally fostered in Remote Working Relationships, expectations and responsibilities in remote working relationships.
- Tools: Types of tools used in Remote Working and how these can be harnessed effectively, including self-assessment of tools used, effectiveness and potential gaps.
- Well-being: Exploring boundary theory, time management, work environment and social needs and supports.
- Reflect on personal working and communication styles and how these impact on remote working
- Learn how to establish a conducive work environment
- Develop tools for effective communication and collaboration with manager and team
- Develop skills in stakeholder analysis and develop tools for trust development
- Explore well-being in the remote working context
- Reflect on and develop personalised action plans for building your own remote working capacity.