Introduction to Employment Law, 2019
Course duration: 1 day
This workshop is designed for business owners, HR professionals and those with people management responsibility who need to have a basic understanding of employment law, including contracts, working time restrictions, leave entitlements, and record keeping.
Aims and objectives
The workshop is delivered in a down to earth practical manner and is interactive. Through ‘real life’ case studies, you will have an opportunity to discuss issues openly to maximise learning.
Who should attend
The workshop is designed for business owners and/or managers who want to ensure that their business/department is complaint with employment legislation.
- Contracts of Employment
- Payment of Wages
- Leave entitlements
- Employment equality
- Discipline and dismissal
- Data Protection
- Pending legislation
By the end of this workshop you will:
- Know what information should be provided in a contract of employment and correctly identify the appropriate contract to use depending on your business needs.
- Understand the law on payment of wages and deductions.
- Know break entitlements and working time restrictions.
- How to calculate annual leave and public holiday entitlements and payment for same.
- Understand employee leave entitlements such as maternity leave, parental leave etc.
- Know the process to be followed for dealing with grievances and disciplinary issues.
- Know what records should be maintained and the minimum HR policies and procedures that all small employers should implement.