Course duration: 1 day workshop
Aims and objectives
This interactive 1-day Virtual Classroom workshop is designed to provide participants with best practice guidelines and tips in conducting technology based Grievance and Disciplinary Meetings.
The workshop will also provide the participants with an opportunity in developing skills in preparing for meetings/ interviews, in conducting the interview and in the report writing and decision-making processes.
The workshop will also focus on avoiding the pitfalls and refer to relevant case law.
Who should attend
This workshop is designed for experienced Managers/Supervisors and HR Practitioners who are required to hold grievance and/or disciplinary meetings.
- Introductory workshop in using the technology platform- 45 minutes approx. two days before the workshop
- Pre-course: Pre reading and guidelines, read your policy and procedures., the legislation and some case law
- Session one- Overview of the legislative framework; Preparing for the meeting- Complaint, ToR, Representation, correspondence with the parties; Interview template, meeting records and sign off signing off; calling witnesses, reviewing the evidence and the report
- Session 2- Recap, online exercises in triads in conducting interviews, plenary sessions after each exercise, Close
- Post Course- Supplementary reading and guidelines from tutor
Following completion of this programme participants will have developed and refreshed their awareness of the legislative framework and recent case law as it applies to grievance and disciplinary processes; will have a framework to conduct technology based grievance and disciplinary meetings; and will have gained confidence in the use of technology in conducting grievance and disciplinary meetings. Participants will be provided with a workbook and resource guide to assist them in conducting meetings and completing grievance and disciplinary process online.