Course duration: 1 day
Aims and objectives
The aims of this course are to:
- show participants that they can persuade people to carry out certain tasks
- display how influencing can change behaviour for the longer term
Who should attend
This programme is designed for those who need to persuade and influence others, whether or not they carry any particular authority, such as being a supervisor or manager. We can all persuade and influence others, if we know how.
- Introduction to Persuading & Influencing
- What is the difference between them?
- How can we persuade or influence people?
- Active listening
- How high can we achieve?
- Difficult Conversations
- When you are delivering the message
- When you are the receiver
- Solving Problems
- Open & closed questions
- 5 Whys?
- Leaders & Managers
- What’s the difference?
- Which am I?
- Coaching for results
- Styles & behaviours
- Cialdini’s Principles of Influence:
- How to use them
- Pulling it all together
At the end of this course, participants will have learned:
- The key difference between Persuading and Influencing;
- How to understand people better and how to get them “on-side’;
- The difference between leaders and managers and the skills that they should focus on using; and
- The principles of Influence and how o use them everyday.
There is no certification for this programme.