Course duration: 1 day
The Advanced PowerPoint 2019 training course focuses on how to create more animated and interactive presentations. It also looks at the features within PowerPoint which can help with the delivery of the completed presentation.
Aims and objectives
By the end of the course, delegates will have an understanding of how to apply advanced animation and presentation techniques and how to integrate video clips, audio clips or screen recordings effectively into the slide show. They will also be able to create customised templates and be able to work with or modify the masters for Slides, Handouts and Notes. The PowerPoint features which assist delivery will be looked at and delegates will learn how to create custom shows and use elements such as Presenter View when presenting.
Who should attend
This course is designed for people who use PowerPoint extensively in their day to day work and who wish to exploit all of its capabilities.
ADVANCED ANIMATION TECHNIQUES
- Adding entrance and exit Animations to content
- Setting effect options and controlling timings
- Controlling animation for Charts and SmartArt diagrams
- Using the animation pane to customise or to re-order animations
- Adding multiple animations to content.
- Looking at the “more effects” choices – for example rolling credits
- Creating customised motion paths for animations
- Copying animations using the animation painter
CONTROLLING AUDIO OR VIDEO CONTENT
- Inserting Video or Audio clips and formatting the playback window • Cropping a Video or Audio clip and controlling the playback
- Controlling the interaction with other content using Bookmarks and Animation
- Using the Screen Recording tool WORKING WITH SLIDE MASTERS
- Purpose of a Slide Master and opening Slide Master View
- Modifying Standard Slide Layouts in Master View
• Creating customised Slide Layouts.
• Adding Placeholders to standard or to customised Layouts
• Creating Multiple Masters within a Presentation
• Preserving additional Masters
• Removing Slide Masters from a Presentation.
NOTES AND HANDOUTS MASTERS
• Editing the Handout and Notes Master
• Setting layout options for Notes and Handouts
• Printing Notes or Handouts pages
• Creating Handouts in Microsoft Word
• Using a Word Outline to create a slide show
WORKING WITH TEMPLATES
• Creating a customised Template
• Saving a customised Template
• Using customised Themes and Slide Masters in a Template
REVIEWING A PRESENTATION
• Comparing Presentations
• Adding or Deleting Comments
• Review or Respond to Comments
THE SLIDE SHOW
• Creating a Custom Show
• Recording the Slide Show
• Using Presenter View
• Creating a Video from the Slide Show
• Looking at Save and Publish Options