Aims and objectives
This workshop will provide participants with the skills and mind-set required to deliver effective presentations. This is an interactive workshop that includes exercises that allow participants apply the knowledge they have learned during the course of the day, at a practical level, and within a safe learning environment. Video will be used to capture and feedback on each short presentation.
During the workshop, each participant’s unique presentation style will be examined. Tips will be provided on how to take charge of the presentation and how to structure it effectively so that holds the attention of the audience.
Who should attend
Anyone looking to improve their practical presentations skills and/or build on their confidence when speaking in public in a professional environment.
Planning a Presentation:
- Taking a logical approach
- Using a checklist system effectively
- Researching the environment in which the presentation will occur
- Preparing the presentation
- Delivery of the presentation
- Qualities you possess that contribute to being an outstanding presenter
- Understanding nerves and how they impact you as an individual
- Coping strategies for dealing with nervousness
- Techniques for enhancing self confidence
- Dealing with negative thoughts
- Motivation for wishing to improve your presentations skills
- Understanding your impact on others
- Creating rapport and having empathy with the audience
- Using listening skills effectively
- Understanding body language and its role when presenting
- Connecting with the audience and ensuring they will remember your core message
- The do’s and don’ts of successful presentations
- Using visual aids effectively
- Dealing with challenging questions
At the end of this course participants will be able to:
- Adhere to the brief when making a presentation
- Plan the presentation in a manner that ensures it will meet audience needs
- Present in a confident, approachable and empathetic manner
- Use visual aids effectively
- Deal with questions as they arise
- Build a rapport with audience, with awareness of signals through body language
- Present within the time provided
- Meet the objective of the presentation.
There is no certification for this programme.