Course duration: This is a 3 day course leading to the PRINCE2® Foundation Examination which takes place on the final day.
PRINCE2® (Projects IN a Controlled Environment) is a leading edge approach to managing projects. With the launch of PRINCE2® also came its recognition as the de facto standard for managing projects, not just in the IT/IS environment, but for projects of any size and complexity, run in any industry sector.
In support of this recognition, The APM Group offer a certification programme accredited by UKAS on behalf of OGC. This course conforms to the syllabus set down by the APM Group for delegates wishing to gain PRINCE2® Foundation certification. The training provider as an ATO is accredited to deliver PRINCE2®.
Who should attend
This is an intensive three-day course leading to delegates sitting the PRINCE2® Foundation examination on the final day. This course is aimed at anyone wishing to gain the qualification and needing to understand the terminology and principles behind the method.
This course would benefit:
- Project Managers
- General Managers
- Programme Managers
- Project Team Managers and support staff
- Staff who will have a defined role
- Project Management Consultants
This course follows the syllabus set down by the APM Group in order to prepare delegates to pass the PRINCE2® Foundation Paper.
- Introduction to Project Management
- Overview of PRINCE2®
- Starting up a project
- The Project Management Team
- Initiating a project
- The Business Case
- Risk and Quality Management
- All aspects of Planning
- Managing Stage Boundaries
- Quality in a PE Controlling a Stage
- Managing Product Delivery
- Change Control
- Configuration Management and Project Closure
- Foundation Exam
Pre-requisites: Comprehensive Pre-course reading material is provided, including a copy of the OGC’s “Managing Successful Projects with PRINCE2®” with instructions.
Examination Preparation: Delegates must undertake a period of self-study using materials provided before the course. In addition there is a requirement for evening work to be completed throughout the course.
The Foundation examination, a one-hour multiple choice questionnaire exam, takes place in the afternoon of the third day.
Lesson objectives help students become comfortable with the course, and also provide a means to evaluate learning. Upon successful completion of this course, students have:
- Gained a basic knowledge and understanding of project management and project-based work.
- Identified the difference between a project and a process.
- Been introduced to the components, elements and processes of PRINCE2® and the relationships that bind them together.
PRINCE2® & the Swirl logo™ are trademarks of AXELOS Limited
APMG Accreditation Programme