- 3rd April 2023 - 4th April 2023
10:00 am - 12:30 pm
Course duration: 1 day
Additional notes for course:
Venue: Virtual Online
Not a member? Find out if your company is eligible here
The aim of the course is to provide the delegates with the knowledge and skills necessary to develop and use assertiveness techniques to enhance their performance. It covers the understanding of the three most common behaviour types and allows the delegates to practice assertiveness techniques in a safe environment. Through the use of various questionnaires delegates will also gain a clearer understanding of their own development needs, in terms of changing certain behaviours.
Aims and objectives
The highly interactive one day workshop is tailored to meet the specific requirements of the attendees. It is an interactive workshop peppered with exercises and frameworks that will allow participants to apply the information covered to their specific situation. In addition participants get the opportunity to put their new found skills into practice in a learning environment.
On completion of the day participants will:
- Recognise the difference between Assertive, Aggressive and Passive behaviours
- Maximise their positive impact on those around them
- Understand when to apply certain behaviours in certain situations
- Be equipped with tools to deal with different behaviour
Who should attend
This programme is aimed at those who wish to further develop their skills, knowledge, skills and competencies surrounding Assertiveness Behaviour and its positive impact.
Programme Methodology & Process:
Our approach to any training is experiential, involving participants at all stages. Therefore the approach to the training is highly Interactive and will inform while allowing participants to try out the information received in classroom situations while engaging the participants in meaningful analysis of the relevant subjects. Our aim is to have a practical user-friendly yet successful approach to all aspects of delivery methods with principles and techniques that are practical and easy to use .
- Participant Workbooks with underpinning knowledge and exercises
- Workshop Approach & Group Discussion
- Syndicate & Individual Exercises
- Learning Videos & Role Plays
By the end of the programme participants will understand & be in a position to:
- What is Assertiveness?
- Define Behavioural Types & (Personal & Professional)
- Effective Verbal & Non Verbal Communication
- Managing Emotions & Extremes – Hostility, Passiveness, Conflict
- Developing Correct Assertiveness Techniques
- Implementing the day to day Assertiveness into the workplace