Not a member? Find out if your company is eligible here
Aims and objectives
Finance is the lifeblood of every business and this programme will provide the participants with the ﬁnancial skills and understanding of accounting systems to help them eﬀectively manage their business’ finances.
Who should attend
This programme is designed for managers with limited experience of Financial Management who need to understand:
- Financial Statements and how to analyse financial performance
- How financial objectives are set
- How to develop and manage a budget
- How to undertake investment appraisal
Understanding Financial and Management Accounts
- Simplifying the profit and loss account.
- Understanding profitability by department and company wide
- Understanding the principles of finance
- The role of finance in business
Interpretation of Financial Information
- How to read and make sense of financial information
- Analysing balance sheets
- Using financial ratio analysis as a key management tool
- Analytical Review of financial information
- Evaluating the results
Budgeting and Costing System
- Budgeting and financial planning explained
- Preparation and management of key budgets
- How to use the annual budget as a business plan, in assisting with both financial control and business growth.
- Establishing costing systems to correctly record all job and profit
- Extracting the relevant costs
Working Capital Management
- Managing cash-flow
- Why cash is king
- How all decisions impact on cash-flow and profitability
- How to manage inventory, debt collections, thus ensuring a positive cash flow and liquidity position
Finance and Strategy
- Understanding the financial aspects of your business Process
- Participant workbooks with underpinning knowledge and exercises
- Workshop approach
- Group discussion
- Syndicate & individual exercises
On completion of this course Students will have learned ﬁnancial skills and understanding of accounting systems.
There is no certification for this programme.